My Pi

Tontec case for Raspberry Pi
shot with Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S on Nikon D200 with an off-camera Yongnuo 560 ii triggered by D200's pop-up flash dialed all the way down

I know I'm dating myself here when I say I still remember my first PC with these specifications: Windows 95 running on an Intel Pentium 100MHz processor with 32MB RAM, max RAM upgrade possible on the motherboard. Had a whopping 2GB hard disk and a 17" monitor. I think it had a (fast!) 28.8 kbps modem to connect to the internet through some dial-up service. The whole thing cost more than $2000. How technology has improved and costs have dropped! The little toy computer I recently put together is more capable, much smaller, yet cost only a small fraction:

  1. Raspberry Pi Model B
  2. Raspberry PI 5MP Camera Board Module
  3. Samsung MicroSDHC 32GB Class 10 Plus UHS-I Memory Card: An 8GB card was working perfectly fine. Updated to 32 GB card when I upgraded this computer system with the camera board module.
  4. Tontec New Raspberry Pi Board Enclosure: The assembly would have been easier had Tontec supplied instructions. I hope the above image helps those trying to assemble it. Other than missing instructions, this is a nice little case for Raspberry Pi.
  5. Airlink Wireless N 150 Ultra Mini-USB Adapter
  6. (this will soon change but currently using a) repurposed USB power supply from an old Amazon Kindle
Currently I'm using this as a poor-man's video surveillance system. However, I am exploring how this can be used in photography, especially in a photobooth application with a DSLR, for cloud backup of images directly from a DSLR, etc. If you have any pointers on how to go about doing these, please leave me a comment below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call from unrecgnized number, (408)890-6977